Monday, September 12, 2011

Late-night Aprons

This is my very first post on my new blog! With the help of my Dad, I created this blog on Saturday. I had a lot of fun choosing backgrounds, colors, and texts.=D

Anyway, I thought I would write about a sewing project my mom and sisters started and completed (yeah!) a few weeks back. It was the week spent with five of our cousins. Before they came, we decided we would have several craft projects planned. One of them was making nine aprons! 

This project somehow slipped to the end of the week. On Thursday afternoon, we frantically realized that we were running out of time. At around 4:00 PM, we started on the first apron for one of my younger cousins and finished at 8:00 the same night. We were discouraged at the snail's pace we were keeping. We knew that if they were to be completed we would have to work late!

 Seven hours later, at about 3:00 AM, we finished our mission! We were exhausted, yet extremely satisfied that we had completed our assignment. Each one of them turned out really cute and unique! We made them reversible. One side has cow print for "Cow day" at Chick-Fil-A and the other side is the unique side. Praise the Lord we were able to get them all done! Here are some pictures:
All set for Cow Day!!!

Silly picture!=)
Our unique sides

2 comments:

  1. Those look really nice! How did you do the initials on each of the aprons? Thats a good idea to make them reversible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are iron-ons...really easy to do!=)

    ReplyDelete